We all want to enjoy our lives and make fond, long-lasting memories. Our funeral is the very last memory of ourselves, so we want it to leave a lasting impression.
View the report now.
- 47% of UK adults have had to help pay for a funeral, setting them back £2,000 on average.
- 18–24-year-olds are 50% more likely to have to assist with a family member’s funeral costs, compared to over 55s.
- The average cost of a funeral is £3,782.
- Seven in 10 Britons say funerals are more expensive now than five years ago.
- 57% of respondents have broached the subject of funerals, but three in 10 don’t like to talk about their own or other people’s funeral plans.
- Full report available on request and can be found via the following link britishseniors.co.uk/funeral-costs-report/
Notes to Editors:
- The data has been collated from two online surveys of 4,000 UK adults (nationally representative) and 1,500 UK adults (who have been involved in the planning of a funeral in the last five years).
- If you would like to reference the report, please use the below:
British Seniors Funeral Report (2020), a guide to costs and planning, www.britishseniors.co.uk/funeral-costs-report/
- British Seniors Insurance Agency is a leading UK specialist provider of over 50s life insurance.
For all press enquiries, contact:
Trilby Rajna: +44 175 391 3065
This information is for authorised intermediaries only and should not be presented to, or relied on by, retail customers. It is approved and issued by Neilson Financial Services Limited. Neilson Financial Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and entered on the Financial Services Register under reference 594926. Registered Office: Landmark Place, Windsor Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 1JL. Registered in England and Wales, number 07986483.