We are building a new National Funeral Services. Working alongside the Head of Funeral Operations, we are looking for a number of experienced individuals to join our exciting new Funeral Arranger team for the delivery of a telephone/video based nationally available funeral service.
The funeral arranger plays a crucial role in providing compassionate and efficient funeral planning services. This position requires a high level of empathy, organizational skills, and attention to detail. The funeral arranger liaises with bereaved families, crematoria, and various service providers to ensure all aspects of the funeral arrangements are carried out smoothly and respectfully. This role involves both administrative tasks and the ability to provide emotional support during a difficult time.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide a first class compassionate and professional service to families during their time of loss.
- Manage inbound and outbound calls with prospective customers who are looking for a quote for funeral services and/or to find out more about our services.
- Liaise with bereaved families (via Phone, video, email and approved messaging platforms) to discuss funeral arrangements, guiding them through the process with sensitivity and compassion.
- Provide information and advice on available options for funeral services, coffins, urns, transportation, floral arrangements, and other related services.
- Assist families in arranging the funeral and completing necessary paperwork and legal documentation, such as death certificates, permits, and burial or cremation authorisations.
- Coordinate, arrange and schedule all aspects of the funeral service, including liaising with clergy, cemeteries, crematoriums, and other service providers.
- Provide ongoing support and communication to families throughout the funeral planning process, addressing any concerns or questions that may arise.
- Collaborate with Crematorium providers and other service providers to ensure the smooth running of the funeral and related services.
Skills & Experience / Knowledge
- Previous experience in a similar role or in the funeral industry is preferred but not essential.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines. The ability of working under own direction; self motivated and driven to deliver the best outcomes for customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact sensitively with bereaved families, colleagues, and service providers.
- Proficiency in using relevant computer software for administrative tasks such as record-keeping, scheduling, and preparing documentation.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, maintaining professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
- Understanding and empathy towards individuals experiencing grief and loss.
- Attention to detail to ensure accuracy in paperwork, arrangements, and logistics.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances and handle unpredictable situations that may arise during funeral arrangements.
- Ability to handle emotional situations with tact, sensitivity, and professionalism.